So as of one month since my surgery I am down 20 lbs! Woo hoo! I know my before pictures aren't that great and I'm super sorry about my progress photos. I had to print them in order to scan them back into my computer to collage them together and I'm low on ink. I promise I was not wearing a bright yellow shirt with pink was jeans! lol I'm actually wearing the same shirt as in the first before photo. :D
Anyways it's been quite an interesting month full of new experiences and realizations. Here are a few off the top of my head. :D
1. I've discovered that I really can cook! Not sure yet if I love to cook, but I CAN do it!
2. Along with that, I've also discovered that I won't die if I don't eat fast food every day. (Not that I thought I would before but you couldn't tell that by the way I shoveled Wendy's, McDonald's, and Jack in the Box into my mouth on a daily basis.)
3. I've realized that 8 oz of food is way more food than I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, it's not an all you can eat buffet but I was imagining tiny plates that barely had any food on them. Goes to show how well I can "eye ball" my portions. :D
4. I now have only one bra and one pair of pants that really "fit" and I use that term loosely. Haha, get it, loosely?! I love unintentional puns! :D
5. While living in the yellow zone, it is important for me to eat between meals (a.k.a when my tummy starts to tell me it's hungry only 3 hours after eating) other wise I will pass out and that's just no fun.
6. I love to swim and dance and have fun with my cardio!
7. I hate treadmills, ellipticals, and especially stair steppers!
8. You can lose weight in your feet! How, prey tell, do I know this? Even my shoes are getting too big!
9. I've shed quite a few insecurities and personality flaws along with the pounds. i.e. I automatically make my bed in the morning now and do more work around the house without being asked. I will also go out to a party dressed to the nines confident in myself and my appearance and free myself to have a good time.
10. This is by far the best decision I have ever made thus far in my life and I'm so proud of myself!
Stay safe, stay happy, stay hopeful
20 lbs down signing off!
|Before; Sometime in the 6 month observation period.;|
|Morning of surgery; 251.2|