Monday, March 11, 2013

Back to Basics

So I haven't posted a band related post in quite some time so I thought I'd settle myself down and get back to what started this entire journey.  I think sometime within the past few months I've lost sight of, sometime even forgotten, why I did this and what I wanted to accomplish.  I've started noticing myself looking for that easy "quick fix" diet and I have to be like "whoa, wait a second, you're banded lady you don't need one of those!"  Anyways here's a list of some of the positives of my banding:

1.  It was something I needed to give me a kick start.  If I could just get that first little push I could gain momentum and really take off.

2. It was a scary, exhilarating decision and one of my own making.  I put in the time and effort and I was proud when my day finally arrived.

3. My sense of pride when I went through my first few weeks so on track and so focused, and seeing the results on the scale almost on a daily basis.

4. I could feel my life changing  moving, finally getting out of the rut it had been in for years and years and it was amazing.

5. The first month after my banding was the best and happiest time of my life in a very long while.  I was proud of myself and happy with the person I saw in the mirror, even though she wasn't perfect.  I was finally able to look at that woman in the mirror and love and accept her for exactly who she was.

I've lost sight of those feelings, but I'm determined to find them again.  I have a little trick up my sleeve on how to do that, but that's another story for another blog. :D

Stay safe, stay happy, stay hopeful
Newly determined signing off

1 comment: