Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tragedy

Today, or I guess now, yesterday, a tragedy occurred in a small town in Connecticut.  In light of this, my post today will not be about my journey but about my thoughts and feelings on this event.  Even as I type I cannot stop a lump from forming in my throat or the tears from falling down my face.  To lose ones so young is not just tragic but horrific.  And, to me, no amount of explaining will ever make sense of why an adult felt the need to take out his rage on such innocent souls.

While I do not know if I believe in a God, I hope today, more than ever before, that there really is one and that all those poor children are now in a safe, warm, and loving place.  I am so sad, angry, and confused about not only today's events but what appears to be an alarming increase in such events.  Wasn't it only last week where a shopping mall in Oregon fell victim to a mass shooting, and before that the movie theater in Colorado?

I have no ideas or views on what should be done to attempt to stop such horrific happenings.  In fact I'm not even sure anyone could.  Illegal or not, guns can always find a way into the hands of those who truly wish to posses them.  And no amount of laws and regulations can prevent a dangerous and crazy person from doing dangerous and crazy things.

My heart goes out to all those families in Connecticut; both grieving for their lost loved ones and those rejoicing in their happy reunions.  All I can say is I am definitely going to hug my loved ones a little tighter and a little longer when I next see them.  I hope you all do the same.

Stay safe, stay together, and remember to show your loved ones how much you care.
Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment