Sunday, December 30, 2012

Yay for Lap Band!

I have no words to describe how simply amazing I feel right now!  I went in for my first weigh-in after surgery and I was down 12 lbs from surgery day; 12 lbs!!!  Holy boulders  right?! That 12 lb loss put me at 239.  I have not been in the 230's since 2008!  So freaking excited.  I know I made the perfect choice for me and I'm so glad I did.  I know the weight loss will not be as exciting as this, especially once I start on solid foods again, but for now it's great to bask in sheer awesomeness of it all!

Speaking of food, I finally got to switch to full liquids!  You know what that means... no more broth and jello!!!!! Yay!!!! I've never been so excited in my life to drink protein shakes and eat tomato soup!  I also made myself some vegetarian taco soup (since meat is still off limits) and blended all the beans and stuff together so I got a smooth soup instead of a chunky one (since chunks are still off limits as well) ;); and it's amazing.  It's so hearty that I get full before I can even finish one cup, and that almost cup can keep me full for up to 3 hours!  Yay!

Stay safe, stay happy, stay hopeful,
Totally ecstatic signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment